The 2014 International Builders Show (IBS) is fast approaching.
From February 4-6, the IBS in Las Vegas will be the center of the home building world, providing attendees with access to acres of product exhibits, outstanding education programs and numerous networking opportunities.
The Builders’ Show is now in its seventh decade, and 2014 marks the first time that it has ever been co-located with another show – the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show (KBIS), which is sponsored by the National Kitchen and Bath Association. Now known as Design and Construction Week, the co-located shows promise attendees a unique experience because people attending either show will be able to see the exhibits of both shows
There will be a number of sessions with an economic focus concerning the state of the housing economy, including presentations from Chief Economist Dave Crowe and other NAHB economists. These data focused sessions include:
- The 2014 Housing and Economic Outlook (Feb. 4, 1 p.m., South 223) – NAHB Chief Economist David Crowe with Nationwide Chief Economist David Berson and Freddie Mac Chief Economist Frank Nothaft
- Economic and Market Forecast for the 50+ Housing Industry (Feb. 4, 10 a.m., North 252) – NAHB Economist Paul Emrath
- Multifamily’s Been Hot: What’ll It Take to Keep It Sizzling? (Feb. 4, 10 a.m., North 253) – NAHB Economist Robert Dietz
- Surveys Says: Home Trends and Buyer Preferences (Feb. 5, 8 a.m., North 262) – NAHB Economists Steve Melman and Rose Quint
- Best Practices in Maintaining a Blog (Feb. 5, 11 a.m., South 219) – NAHB Social Media expert Chad Davis and NAHB Economist Robert Dietz discuss the Eye on Housing economics blog